the Yodio podcast was fun and easy, as a person who dislikes phones, I personally would prefer the microphone option, but since those cost money, this would be a great option directly from the classroom. I also really like the addition of a photo option and wished I had some photos of my library on a flash drive here at home- maybe I can figure how to add a photo later.
I'm sure that students would find podcasting a valuable addition to their learning. The trick here is to direct them to the proper educational sites to locate the proper podcast for lesson at hand. The language lessons were easy enough to locate on itunes and could also be used as review of a project or to support and or enrich student learning as needed.
I KNOW that students enjoy creating podcasts, I've watched it happen. The main hurdle they seem to need to tackle is not the technology, but listening to their own voice. I imagine this will become less of an issue as younger students come up to the high school, but currently we are podcasting with seniors, some are just not comfortable recording in front of others and/or with the sound of their own voice on playback. We initially began the program with Spanish 4 students, but they quickly made the transfer of knowledge to other classes and were coming in after school or at lunch to record podcasts for other teacher and other projects (book reports etc)
The other main glitch we've encountered w/ podcasting is how/where to store the podcasts. Our Technology department allowed us to create a folder just for the podcasts, which seems to be working for the time, but it is the one thing students have mentioned has been frustrating is the number of steps required to save an item (and we've sadly lost a few in the learning procesh
I think there are so many educational podcasts out there that it is another example of the exploding web that I have not yet tackled.
So without further ado, and to save my computer from exploding ( two school high-achievers/ one mom w/ Master's in Library Science completely online and I think this 23 things class may just make this Dell Latitude 100L finally give up the fight)
Signing off for now
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment