Having just returned from Kentucky, I am always awed by the beauty of this state. I happened to also be there during March-thus March madness and my thought to add the basketball clip to the KY wiki page.
Speaking of madness, wikispaces thus far has the effect of making me mad! I struggle with all the processes of embedding stuff-video, links etc...
I also wish there were more font and size options other than the traditional HTML Heading sizes. Maybe there are and I just haven't discovered it yet...
One thing I did discover today after many attempts to embed the basketball video is that the actual "tv" looking screen does not show up until you hit the SAVE button. So I redid work a number of times that was all probably OK just because I did not think the final product I wanted was there....sigh....
Another thing that drove me crazy was that I could not locate an "undo" button when I inadvertently deleted a link to Georgetown College- but I think I found undo later w/ a right click, but thus it was too late as it seems to only undo one item unlike some other undo functions I've used.
Anyway-my wiki page is up, feel free to edit and add more great stuff about KY.
I really think some students would enjoy doing this as a project more than a poster or some other demonstration of their knowledge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Just to the left of the text dropdown (mine says Normal) is a letter A with a colorful bar underneath it. This is the font tool where you can change font face, style, color, etc.
ReplyDeleteThere are 2 basic ways to add "stuff" to your wiki page: The Palm tree and the TV.
ReplyDeleteThe palm tree is for uploading pictures and files. The TV is for widgets. If you already know how to grab the HTML embed code from a widget or video, then just choose "other HTML" and paste it into the box that pops up. Click on Save, then Save again and your widget should show up on your wiki page.