Have you ever listened to an audio book?

Monday, March 2, 2009

Thing 7

  • So based on the blogs I've read thus far, I think Web 2.0 has good and bad. I like the point/counterpoint approach that Sue used in Remotely Connected.
  • In general people can be better informed if they can find the time to share what they know with others and we can learn from each others mistakes.
  • Free is also a big part of Web 2.0. As educators we are always groveling for funding. It's nice to have some help for nothin' but the wealth of info we must sift through is overwhelming, even with RSS feeds and aggregators and other tools.
  • I also must agree with my fellow classmate that as a educator and parent I have concerns about how many more hours we want to have our children focused on a screen for their learning- I think again of FEED (see post on Thing 6) by MT Anderson and the teacher who is just a hologram in the school run by the corporations...

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the free part of web 2.0. Technology is usually so expensive, but it appears that with 2.0 things, including the hardware to use it, laptop $1,000 versus netbook, $300. Not having to buy software, jumpdrive(s), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the free part of using 2.0, and I still stand firm that our kids spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME in front of a screen.

    ReplyDelete

Graffiti Artist by Abrakadoodle.com 3